Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

After an extended undeclared sabbatical, the Oklahomilist rejoins the ether-chat today with a renewed sense of purpose and a personal commitment to himself to be a bit more punctual in his postings. Whether there is any viewship left after so many months is an open question that I feel is less important than my need to say some things that need saying.

It was an unavoidable break, but sorely needed. I've had a chance not only to recharge the mental and spiritual batteries, but to move the Home Office to a more pastoral locale. It is a place of fewer distractions and annoyances, more conducive to deep thoughts and bonhomie; where God's Presence is not so obscured by the works of humanity. About the only thing I miss is Cox high speed internet and a couple of restaurants that were particular favorites. That is not to say there are no close friends who are missed. There are, but they remain friends who are always welcome to come visit, especially now that we are no longer living amidst mountains of cardboard boxes and plastic totes.

In the interim I've had time to do some reading, and perhaps we'll even talk about the books a bit. Mrs. Oklahomilist and I have had a few days to travel about Oklahoma, staying off the pikes and interstates as much as possible to see the "blue highways" where the real Sooner state can be observed in its natural environs. I've kept up with developments in politics, economics and society to a degree sufficient to confirm my worst fears. (I'd love to be more optimistic, but it would be too easy to drift into dissembling strictly for the sake of optimism.)

So with the air-conditioner pumping cold air over the desk, the cat napping in the window sill, the cry of a locomotive engine off in the distance, and with confidence that my computer is finally operating within nominal parameters after a thorough post-move debugging, I welcome you to Oklahomily, The Blog and invite you to stop in as often as you may care to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home