Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Chilly Swearing In

My contribution today is meager, partly because I find myself of two minds over today's inaugural events, and partly because the flu, which I suspect has been stalking me for a few days, has come out into the open. I slept in 30- and 45-minute increments last night, getting up in between to drink water, trash Puffs, and watch a bit of TV in the wee hours (updating my knowledge of the mighty American tornado in the process).

The thermostat says it's 67 degrees in here, but I feel like all those folks who were on the Mall and along the parade route. Thoroughly chilled. So I'm granting the new administration at least a one day honeymoon. I'm glad that there have been no major hiccups in the quadrennial extravaganza that is our presidential swearing in.

Pray for our new president.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home