Wednesday, October 19, 2005

News Flash: Saddam says he's not guilty

He also refuses to admit that he's Saddam.

Seriously.

Asked to confirm his name by the chief judge, Rizgar Mohammed Amin, a Kurd, Saddam Hussein refused.

Amid some verbal sparring with the judge, the former Iraqi leader stated: "I preserve my constitutional rights as the president of Iraq. I do not recognise the body that has authorised you and I don't recognise this aggression.

"What is based on injustice is unjust ... I do not respond to this so-called court, with all due respect."

With all due respect? Is this the famous Saddam sense of humor? Like the afternoon he ordered his men to force gasoline down the throat of one of his citizens, and then had 'em flick their lighter?

Ain't no injustice possible here, unless they were to let him go.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home