Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Real War & The Training for War

The battle against the evil bug continues, and having reluctantly deployed antibiotics against the enemy, I am hopeful that the end of this particular nasty war is in sight. Last night wasn't especially fun (again) as I spent the time from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. playing solitaire on computer, clicking between coughing jags.

But today has been better. I led singing at Mass today without too many flubs and no coughing.

Just as I was typing this, our little piece of the universe was "strafed" by a couple of practicing A-10 "Warthogs", probably flying out of Fort Smith, Ark. I managed to get up in time to see them. In Tulsa County the training flights of National Guard jets were so common that we rarely bothered to look, and the typical airline jet noise was such a routine part of the background that it was merely a raising of the decibel levels.

How different it is here.

Jet noise. Just one of the things I don't miss about the big city.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home