Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Oklahomilist Has Returned

To all three of my loyal readers/viewers, I sincerely apologize for having been AWOL these last couple of weeks. I could do a Joliet Jake litany to explain, but it wouldn't change the time line, would it?

So I will let this photo explain for me:

Yup, vacation!

Sometimes you need to recharge your spiritual energies, and I find that I can do that best in the Rocky Mountains. The sad by-product, in middle age, is that I deplete my physical energies in the process, so it takes a few days of bodily re-acclimation before I feel like doing much more than what is barely necessary.

It didn't help that I had a ton of things to handle before we left, and since our return I've acquired a couple of new responsibilities that require my time and mental focus.

I appreciate Anthony stepping up to the plate a couple of times in my absence. Thanks! Don't stop now!

I do not, however, intend to depart from the field of the Battle of Ideas, as I believe we are in one of the more important, and interesting, times of our nation's existence, if not the world's. I will "endeavor to persevere" to post daily henceforth.

To the other Dave, whose comment was stuck in "approval limbo" for a couple of weeks, my sincere apology. I don't know if it will make you feel any better to know that I was living the "high life" exploring the ghost town of Animas Forks, oblivious to today's world, but I'll try not to let that happen again! My daughter tells me to get an I-phone and stay connected to reality. Hmmm ...

Okay. That's it for my "apology tour." I -- not you -- am to blame, and I promise to change. Wouldn't that be refreshing if someone will all know would adopt this course instead of blaming US?


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home